Friday, January 10, 2014

Cooking with Chaeyeon: Kimchi chige


Today I learned how to make a very simple yet tasty Korean dish called Kimchi chige. Chaeyeon, a very good friend of mine showed me how.  Trust me, it's really easy to make.

Ingredients:
kimchi, chopped (naturally!) - Chaeyeon makes her own Kimchi and by far, it's one of the best I've ever had (I am not being biased here).
about 1/2 cup or so of Kimchi sauce, depending on your taste
a can of Mackerel
a tablespoon (or more) of garlic
onions
chives
1 cup of water 

Steps
Heat the pan over medium fire
Put the Mackerel and chopped Kimchi and its sauce into the pan. Fry it up for a minute or so. Then add a cup of water, garlic, onions and chives. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Presto, you are done!
You can partner it up with rice and sauteed cabbage and spinach. Yum yum, bon appetite!




No comments:

Post a Comment